Gourmet Seafood That’s Ready in Minutes
June is National Seafood Month, and what better way to celebrate than to cook up something fantastic?
Whether you prefer your shrimp grilled over coal or sauteed in the skillet, this zesty Tequila Shrimp recipe is a surefire way to kick off summer and seafood month all at once.
With only six ingredients and a hot stovetop or grill, you can whip up a culinary sensation in about ten minutes, perfect for cookouts, party hosting, or just feeding the family.
Little Fish, Big Taste
- 2 lbs jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté garlic until light brown.
- Place shrimp in the pan, and sauté for 3 minutes.
- If grilling, instead grill shrimp 5-7 minutes over medium heat until lightly browned/blackened outside. Flip the shrimp halfway through grilling.
- Pour in tequila, and season with cilantro, salt, and pepper. Cook for 2 more minutes.
With just a few steps you can whip up a delicious seafood treat for the perfect entree or side. Serve this tequila shrimp recipe at parties or dinner and delight your guests!