Dad may be king of the grill, but on Father’s Day he deserves to put his tongs aside and enjoy a day of pampering and relaxation! Let your pops sit back and kick up his feet while you treat him to the Father’s Day cookout of his dreams. Throwing a backyard party for Dad is easy with these simple recipes and tips:
Before Dad’s big day arrives, you’ll need a plan of action to make sure everything runs smoothly. To get started, read our guide to planning the ultimate backyard barbecue and get your party checklist ready. Need some fresh recipe ideas that the special dad in your life will love? Try these, from the party experts at Celebrations.com:
- Breakfast: Dad will definitely wake up on the right side of the bed with these chocolate chip and blueberry flax pancakes. They’re quick and easy to make—perfect for surprising Pops with breakfast in bed before the festivities begin.
- Appetizers: Kickstart your outdoor party with this zesty southwest buffalo chicken frittata recipe that’ll make your dad’s taste buds smile.
- Lunch: Satisfy your father’s big manly appetite with the ultimate tailgating burger recipes—the best way to cook up dad’s favorite prime beef patties!
- Dessert: Whip up this delicious and refreshing strawberry spiked shake and raise your glass to the best father in the world!
An outdoor party wouldn’t be a party without some surprises to unwrap! And because Dad does so much throughout the year, he deserves nothing but the best, most heartfelt presents on Father’s Day. Here are some great gift ideas to set his BBQ-loving heart ablaze:
- Father’s Day Card: Team up with the kids to create these easy embroidered Father’s Day cards from Celebrations.com. They’re the perfect way to tell Dad how much he’s loved, and they’re so cute that Pops would be proud to hang them up on the fridge or in his office.
- Father’s Day Gift: Give Dad a little something extra with these super-sweet, super-personalized DIY Father’s Day gift bags from our sister blog Petal Talk. No father could resist a colorful suit-and-tie gift bag filled with his favorite treats.
- Father’s Day Flowers: Spoil Pops with a two-gifts-in-one flower arrangement. The Father’s Day DIY construction boot bouquet from Petal Talk isn’t like any other bouquet: It comes with a brand-new pair of shoes for Dad too.
What else will you do for Dad on Father’s Day to make him feel like a king? Tell us your ideas!