Get your marinade ready: April 27 is National Prime Rib Day! Being that it’s one of the most mouthwatering cuts of meat, prime rib undoubtedly deserves its own holiday. And what better way to celebrate than to cook up a big, succulent Stock Yards USDA Prime Bone-In Rib Roast? Here’s a little bit about one of our finest products … and how you can serve it in honor of the juiciest holiday of the year!
About Stock Yards USDA Prime Bone-In Rib Roast
Just like the prime rib found in America’s finest restaurants, our USDA Prime Bone-In Rib Roast is perfectly marbled, hand-trimmed and expertly aged. The most tender of cuts, it arrives at your doorstep with the best center-cut five rib bones that amplify its delectable taste. After you’ve had your first bite, you’ll understand why prime rib is one of the most sought-after delicacies in the country.
How to Serve Stock Yards USDA Prime Bone-In Rib Roast
You can marinade your rib roast with any combination of your favorite sauces and spices to create a lavish meal that’s perfect for any occasion. Here’s our expert advice on preparing your rib roast so that it achieves supreme flavor.
- Thaw roast in the refrigerator.
- Insert meat thermometer into the middle of the thickest part of the roast, making sure that it does not touch the bone.
- Place roast fat side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- We recommend a combined heat method of cooking. First, sear the meat at 500 F for 15 minutes, and then continue to cook at 350 F for 20-25 minutes per pound (medium rare) or until meat thermometer reads 140 F.
- Remove the roast from the oven and let it stand for 10-15 minutes before carving. The thermometer should read 145 F.
How will you marinade your Stock Yards USDA Prime Bone-In Rib Roast in celebration of National Prime Rib Day?