A new favorite that would go with any one of our delectable steak dinners or chicken! Rich, avocado under crispy panko is a great side or appetizer to start your meal off deliciously. Check out this awesome recipe below!
- 3 large, firm avocados, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tbs. canola oil
- 1/4 tsp salt & pepper
- 1 and 1/4 cup panko flakes (Japanese bread crumbs)
1. Preheat oven to 200, and in a medium saucepan, heat 1 1/2 in. of oil until it registers 375° on a deep-fry thermometer.
2. Mix flour with 1/4 tsp. salt and pepper in a shallow plate. Put eggs and panko in separate shallow plates. Dip avocado in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in egg, then panko to coat. Set on 2 plates in a single layer.
3. Fry a quarter of avocado slices at a time until deep golden, 30 to 60 seconds. Transfer slices to a pan lined with paper towels. Keep warm in oven while cooking remaining avocados. Sprinkle with salt to taste.
Dip these for ultimate flavor in a spicy mayo sauce! Smaller recipe below: