With apple season just around the corner, here is one of our favorite seasonal recipes for our Frenched Center Cut Pork Chops that is simple to follow and we know you’ll love! Enjoy as an end of summer grill adventure, or as a celebration of the crisp air to come.
- 2 cups of apple juice
- 1 tablespoon of coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup of salt
- 1/4 cup of light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 5 “Frenched” Center Cut Pork Chops
- 1 tablespoon of grill seasoning (you can also use our Stock Yards Epicure Seasoning)
1. In a large pot over medium-high heat, add 1 cup of water, 2 cups of apple juice, coarse pepper, salt, light brown sugar and red pepper flakes. Bring all contents to a simmer, making sure to stir occasionally to dissolve the salt and sugar. Once simmering, remove from heat and add to a large bowl with 2 cups of ice. This will be your brine to flavor the pork chops, so make sure bowl is large enough to hold all the pork chops and not spill over.
2. Once the brine has cooled, add pork chops. Let sit for at least 4 hours or let it brine over night, up to 24 hours in the refrigerator for ultimate flavoring.
3. Remove pork from brine, rinse with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
4. Heat grill or grill pan over medium heat. Sprinkle 1 side of the pork chops with 1/2 the grill seasoning. Place chops on hot oiled grill, seasoned side down. Sprinkle the topside with remaining grill seasoning. Grill chops for 4 to 5 minutes per side. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving as they will still be internally cooking.
5. For presentation or added flare, garnish pork chops with thinly sliced apples.
*Tip*: As a side dish, serve small roasted red potatoes with butter, salt and parsley seasoning.